- About us
We have appointed a data protection officer to oversee our handling of personal information. If you have any questions about how we collect, store or use your information, you can contact our data protection officer using the details set out in section 14. Contacting us.
- We collect information about:
- Previous, current and prospective clients
- Grasshopper Ltd website users
- Grasshopper Ltd Social media users, including: Facebook, Instagram, twitter ect.
- Business contacts and other suppliers
- When do we collect personal information?
We collect information about you:
- When you contact us via email or our social media platforms
- When you purchase a Grasshopper product
- When you sign up to our news letter
- Whenever you use the Grasshopper Ltd website or social media platform
- If you respond to a customer survey, questionnaire or marketing campaign
- If you contact us for any other reason
- From publicly available third-party sources such as the Facebook Pixel and Google Analytics.
- When you buy a product via some of our third-party websites such as other e-commerce platforms.
- What personal information do we collect and use?
Your data will enable us, and our processors, to fulfil your order, to notify you about important functionality changes and for statistical or survey purposes to improve this website and our services to you. We may also send you from time to time (by email or post) information about products and services and details of promotions and special offers from Grasshopper Ltd. If you do not wish to be contacted for these purposes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
The personal information that we collect will depend on your relationship with us. We will collect different information depending on whether you are a customer or prospective customer, website user or user of our social media.
- General information such as your name, address, contact details, date of birth and gender.
- When a purchase is made through our website we collect your delivery address and payment details
- Website browsing history
- Your marketing preferences
- IP address
- Device ID information
5. How do we collect your information?
We collect personal information from a number of different sources, including:
- Through the process of you purchasing from our website.
- Through publicly available sources such as internet search engines and social media sites
- Via Google Analytics and Also use of Pixels – Such as the Facebook Pixel.
- Through customer surveys and responses to various marketing campaigns and email
- From your use of our website and cookies
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to sign up to our mailing list, complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at
Our store is hosted on WordPress.com we also use Facebook, Twitter & Instagram to promote our content. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through WordPress.com , Facebook, Instagram and Twitter data storage, databases and the general WordPress.com , Facebook, Instagram and Twitter application. By sharing your information via our contact form, direct messages or commenting on our posts ect. – you give us permission to store your data. These platforms store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then our platforms store your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
9 . THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
12. AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
13. How long do we keep personal information for?
Under data protection law you have certain legal rights in relation to the personal information that we hold about you. You may exercise these rights at any time by contacting us via email email@example.com.
- in some cases we may not be able to comply with your request (e.g. we might not be able to delete your data) for reasons such as our own obligations to comply with other legal or regulatory requirements. However, we will always respond to any request you make and if we can’t comply with your request, we will tell you why.
Your rights include:
- The right to access your personal information
You are entitled to a copy of the personal information we hold about you and certain details of how we use it. There will not be a charge for dealing with these requests. Your information will usually be provided to you in writing, unless otherwise requested, or where you have made the request by electronic means, in which case the information will be provided to you by electronic means where possible.
- The right to rectification
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate and complete. However, if you do not believe this is the case, you can ask us to update or amend it.
- The right to erasure (also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’)
In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information. Examples would include where the data is no longer required for the original purpose, consent has been withdrawn and there no overriding ground for continuing the processing, or for compliance with the national law.
- The right to restriction or suspension of processing
In certain circumstances, such as a question over its accuracy, you are entitled to ask us to stop using your personal information or to suspend its use.
- The right to data portability
In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask that we transfer any personal information that you have provided to us to another third party of your choice.
- The right to object to marketing
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the ICO
We would hope that you will always raise any issues with us first, and that we will be able to resolve them to your satisfaction. However, if this isn’t possible then you always have a right to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you believe that any use of your personal information by us is in breach of applicable data protection laws and regulations.
Please see below for contact details of the ICO:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 (national rate)
Making a complaint will not affect any other legal rights or remedies that you have.